I just released grades.  I want to really thank you – most of you were very careful in adhering to APA style, to using that Cilessen and Borch table, to having clear aims/hypotheses. Many of you had well behaved data. A few of you didn’t, and I appreciated the resourcefulness or persistence that some of you used nonetheless. It’s been a great two weeks of reads!

In the process I discovered a few things that make these easier for me to read/grade, so I’m listing them here. Please consider for part 3? These are purely stylistic things:

  1. Double spacing helps tired, aging eyes. A lot.
  2. Using something like Times New Roman 12 (or bigger) or Arial 11 (or bigger), 1 inch margins, and double spacing is a perfect trifecta for readability.
  3. I’m finding it easier to read portfolios where Part 2 is tacked on to the end of Part 1 (the week before).  That reminds me of last week’s stuff. In addition, if you change anything on Part 1 and use tracked changes, that also helps me to see if/how you responded to earlier feedback.

So, for Part 3, if you’d consider tacking Part 3 onto the end of Parts 1 and 2 (with tracked changes for anything you altered in the earlier parts) that would be a big help.  This is the first time I’ve done the papers like this, so I’m still figuring out what works best.

I tried to give detailed feedback to everyone. If you have questions or want to discuss, please get in touch.

Michael

Michael Marsiske, Ph.D.

Professor
Department of Clinical and Health Psychology
PO Box 100165,
1225 Center Drive, Rm. 3150
Gainesville, FL  32610-0165
Phone:  (352) 273-5097
Fax: (801) 720-5897
Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter: @MMarsiske

Web: http://marsiskelab.phhp.ufl.edu

Are you a UF student or faculty member concerned about COVID-19 symptoms or possible exposure? (a) Log into One.UF and arrange to take a screening questionnaire and schedule a voluntary test; (b) notify your supervisor; (3) Call UF STP at (352) 273.9790 to discuss next steps; (4) consult with your health care provider if necessary.