Hello!
We have some faculty that assign visits to our center as extra credit, but
recently a  few have actually made it an assignment that counts as a grade
(so it's not optional). The tutors are concerned because some of the
students don't feel they need any help so seem mostly disengaged during the
appointment or even hostile. They aren't getting much out of the experience
and might be taking an appointment from someone who actually needs it. Does
anyone have  policy or any helpful experience on how to handle when faculty
make tutoring an actual assignment?

Thanks so much!

--
Hillary G. Fleenor, 2(M.S.)
Director, Academic Center for Tutoring

*Columbus State University*

*Office: **Simon Schwob Memorial Library 244 , Tel: 706-507-8646*
*Visit the ACT : **[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*

*Happiness is so amazing it doesn't matter if it's yours or someone
else's* *--After
Life*

* A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its
persistence. --**Anonymous*

*There is freedom waiting for you,On the breezes of the sky,And you ask,
"What if I fall?"Oh but my darling,What if you fly?*
*- Erin Hanson*