Good morning, everyone! Sorry for any cross-posting. The National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing Framing Committee invites you to submit a proposal for the 2021 NCPTW Conference: Subversion and Subterfuge. You can view the full CFP attached to this e-mail or on our website here.

The ongoing coronavirus pandemic has necessitated a shift in our conceptualization of writing center work. Especially as writing centers have reoriented themselves to online synchronous and asynchronous tutoring in 2020. Writing center practitioners have had to adapt and transform longstanding practices to better fit our new paradigm. The National Conference on Peer Tutoring in Writing seeks to explore these shifts, with a special interest in how tutors may subvert writing center training or best practices. What forms of subterfuge do tutors deploy in order to complete their work in a pandemic? How might tutors use subversive complicity as a guiding philosophy for engaging in antiracist tutoring practice? What other “workarounds” do they create to do their jobs more in a way that aligns with their own tutoring philosophies? While subversion and subterfuge may traditionally be thought of as undesirable traits, the writing center’s historical positionality as marginal gives subversive tactics a special role, one that is often necessary for survival. As the pandemics, both cultural and biological, continue to rage, what tactics will writing centers need to survive and thrive in the world that comes next?

Proposals are due April 25th and may be submitted here

The Conference will be held November 11th -14th in Pittsburgh.

Because of the ongoing pandemic, we have provided options for both in-person and remote sessions. The Framing Committee and the NCPTW Executive Board will continue to provide more details about the conference as the date arrives. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at [log in to unmask] or you can reach out to me directly.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Your NCPTW Framing Committee,
Talisha Haltiwanger Morrison
Wonderful Faison
Kendra Mitchell
Eric Camarillo
Anna Treviño
Khirsten Scott

Uncommonly yours,
Eric C. Camarillo
Director, Learning Commons
Office of Information Technology and Learning Experience
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College
Pronouns: he, him, his

To unsubscribe: email [log in to unmask] with sender email address and subject.

This email and any files attached from HACC, Central Pennsylvania's Community College are confidential and intended solely for use by the individual or entity to whom addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify [log in to unmask] This message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee do not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.