Our policy is that if a student no-shows twice they are suspended from services. They can lift the suspension after meeting with a staff member to talk about what is going on. We do this in order to help get the student the resources that they need (sometimes it's referring them to counseling, academic skills services, etc). If after we meet and help the student find resources and make a plan to help them attend sessions, they no-show again they are suspended from tutoring for that course for the rest of the semester. They wouldn't be suspended from other services (academic skills, SI, or tutoring for another course).

This method has helped us get students the resources they need, has helped keep our tutors from getting too frustrated by students not attending sessions and helps open up more session availability for students who might have had scheduling conflicts with other tutors.

Emily