Julie,

My center uses a similar procedure to what it sounds like you are describing. I have all tutors give me their availability for the semester, and I input that to our scheduling software. (Right now, we are using WCOnline, but I have also done this with GradesFirst and TutorTrac in previous positions.) I then create a tutor request form that students can fill out. Example linked here. I set the form to send me an email notification each time we get a new response. When I get a request, I match the student’s subject need and availability to a tutor who can work with that subject at the time the student needs. Student assistants can also do this if you do not have the time or anticipate receiving a large volume of requests.

Hope this helps,

Jessica

Jessica M. Robbins

Coordinator of Tutoring, Learning Enrichment Center

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Carmichael Library, G101

University of Montevallo

Station 6113 | Montevallo, AL 35115