 CRLA Certifications Director

 From: "Tadiyos Gebre" <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:49 AM To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Peer-Mentoring at Your Institution

Hello everyone,

We are working to start a Peer Mentoring program at our institution and would like to learn from all of you who already have a similar program(s) on your campus. Can you please respond to one or more of the questions below?

We truly appreciate your time and your feedback!!     	Are your peer mentors paid or are they volunteers? 	If paid, how are they paid (hourly, scholarship, stipend, etc.)? 	What population of students get a peer mentor (1st year students, students in a specific program, etc.)? 	What is the mentee-mentor ratio? 	What is your criteria for selecting peer mentors? 	Did you assess the outcomes of the program (such as: increase in retention and/or persistence, students' sense of belonging, academic success, etc.)?  	What adjustments did you make in response to the pandemic? 	If you are able, can you please share your webpage(s) and/or other relevant documents/resources? 	Do you have any recommendations for peer mentoring literature (books, journal articles, websites, etc.)?

Best regards,

Tadiyos Gebre Director, Academic Enrichment Advising & Enrichment Center | New York Institute of Technology nyit.edu

Tel: 212.261.1761 | Fax: 212.261.1744 | [log in to unmask] 26 W. 61st St. | Room 223 | New York City (Manhattan) Campus

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram