From: "Tadiyos Gebre" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 10:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Peer-Mentoring at Your Institution

Hello everyone,

We are working to start a Peer Mentoring program at our institution and would like to learn from all of you who already have a similar program(s) on your campus. Can you please respond to one or more of the questions below?

We truly appreciate your time and your feedback!!

  • Are your peer mentors paid or are they volunteers?
  • If paid, how are they paid (hourly, scholarship, stipend, etc.)?
  • What population of students get a peer mentor (1st year students, students in a specific program, etc.)?
  • What is the mentee-mentor ratio?
  • What is your criteria for selecting peer mentors?
  • Did you assess the outcomes of the program (such as: increase in retention and/or persistence, students’ sense of belonging, academic success, etc.)?
  • What adjustments did you make in response to the pandemic?
  • If you are able, can you please share your webpage(s) and/or other relevant documents/resources?
  • Do you have any recommendations for peer mentoring literature (books, journal articles, websites, etc.)?

Best regards,

Tadiyos Gebre
Director, Academic Enrichment
Advising & Enrichment Center | New York Institute of Technology

nyit.edu

Tel: 212.261.1761 | Fax: 212.261.1744 | [log in to unmask]
26 W. 61st St. | Room 223 | New York City (Manhattan) Campus

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

[log in to unmask]" style="width:1.95in;height:.7166in" width="187" />