Hi, All.

We use Blackboard Collaborate for our drop-in tutoring. We also have a
virtual front desk who can quickly move students to the appropriate room. I
like Discord, and we use it to build community among our tutors, but I
thought it would be useful to know that platforms like Blackboard and Webex
Teams can provide a very similar environment, except of course that Discord
is the place students love the most :-)

Best,

Ira

On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 5:26 PM Adrienne Tabar <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been reading a lively thread about the use of Discord for tutoring.
> At Glendale Community College (GCC), one of ten Maricopa Community Colleges
> in the Phoenix area, we use Discord for all tutoring across the college.
>
> We love using Discord. It's seamless. Our Virtual Front Desk staff provide
> extraordinary student services to get the student to the right room
> (channel as they term it in Discord). Tutors can confer with one another
> quickly. Uploading docs for discussion during tutoring sessions is easy to
> do. There are so many advantages using Discord for tutoring. I highly
> recommend it.
>
> We're glad to provide a presentation to anyone who is interested. Our
> presentation on how to use Discord, admin and student side takes about
> 30-40 minutes. Allow 60 minutes to include questions.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like to see how we use
> Discord at GCC.
>
> Thanks and have a great weekend ahead.
>
> Regards, Adrienne
>
> [image: eSig Logo]
> ADRIENNE J. TABAR, M.ED.
> GLENDALE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
> Director, Center for Learning
> Tutoring Across the College, and Testing Services
> 6000 W. Olive Ave. Glendale, AZ 85302
> 623.845.3810 | 623.845.4612
> @gccaz.edu
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gccaz.edu&d=DwIBaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=YtAimoxBKh29nsy4-3uU3zl8nSJbV7UrIcLsCp6AYrY&s=nDpNgxDcCcL-H9Hhtr67kaLUcwPIXNvXE_nDxnVrKsY&e=
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.gccaz.edu_&d=DwMFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=XAkfDsRx-Mhiyn9tapCD6dw0qs3cN8yOfrl41OPN6So&s=pRsqcENN_xghcCi_5zADc5G6fYSGiAbDIDZKbfqkiVI&e=>
>
> A Maricopa Community College

Ira Fabri
*Pronouns: She, Her, Hers*
Associate Director, Tutoring Services