Thank you all so much for your super helpful responses :)!

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 5:12 PM Hillary Fleenor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello!
We have some faculty that assign visits to our center as extra credit, but recently a  few have actually made it an assignment that counts as a grade (so it's not optional). The tutors are concerned because some of the students don't feel they need any help so seem mostly disengaged during the appointment or even hostile. They aren't getting much out of the experience and might be taking an appointment from someone who actually needs it. Does anyone have  policy or any helpful experience on how to handle when faculty make tutoring an actual assignment?

Thanks so much!

--
Hillary G. Fleenor, 2(M.S.)
Director, Academic Center for Tutoring

Happiness is so amazing it doesn't matter if it's yours or someone else's --After Life

 A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence. --Anonymous

There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask, "What if I fall?"
Oh but my darling,