Hi Listers,

Thanks so much for everyone’s contributions to this discussion.  I’ve just been advised that I need to put a statement on the inventory that indicates that it has not been validated.  I’ll send that to Elise to incorporate it as soon as I’ve developed it.  But in the meantime this is my official notification that, even though many faculty and students have found the inventory useful, it was not developed with the idea of it being anything other than a tool for students to learn what strategies would lead to success and to gauge how using the strategies impacts their grade.  So feel free to use it in the manner for which it is intended, with the full understanding that I am not claiming any experimentally determined validity.

Hoping this is helpful,
Saundra

Saundra Y. McGuire, Ph.D.

Director Emerita, Center for Academic Success

(Ret) Assistant Vice Chancellor  & Professor of Chemistry

Louisiana State University

Online Course on Teach Students How to Learn (https://tinyurl.com/TSLcourse)

Teach Yourself How to Learn (https://tinyurl.com/y44x2dxd)

Teach Students How to Learn (https://tinyurl.com/y3mw6kgy)