Hi Roberta,

At LSS, all of our tutors are required to take a 2-unit peer educator course taught by our learning center Director or Assistant Directors. The class is offered each quarter and we are in the process of having it be CRLA certified. In addition to that, we offer regular onboarding training for new & returning tutors, preparation training, TutorTrac training, and other training in collaboration with other units (we're doing a neurodiverse training this quarter with our Disability Resource Center office as well as a self-efficacy training with an instructor at UCSC). Part of our CRLA certification process includes the 2nd level and we've been holding those for returning tutors as well. Happy to answer questions about the class or the process with folks if they email me individually.

Best,

Sharon Castro
Interim Director
Lecturer, Stevenson College
Pronouns: She/They

University of California, Santa Cruz
[log in to unmask] | (831) 459-1902

I acknowledge that I live and work on the land of the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band of the Ohlone people.