Hi Jenny,

We use Perkins funds for our CTE programs as well and need to document those appointments separately from the rest of our tutoring.  We have a system we have used for years - but I don't know that it would be considered simple by any means.  We are always looking for ways to make it simpler, but have not come up with anything yet.  Maybe someone on this thread will have something for both of us.

Here is how we handle it:

-Tutors have to keep a timesheet. (I'm attaching a blank one and a completed one for you here. These are PDFs of Google Sheets.)  Pre-Covid, it was an actual paper timesheet.  Now it is a Google sheet which has turned out to be a lot easier to process than paper.  We are hoping to be able to stay with the digital version once we have on-site tutoring again.

-Desk staff checks the students with appointments in TutorTrac (which downloads from our Student Information System) to see what their declared program is.  If it falls into the CTE category and meets all the other rules for paying from that grant, we code it as CP-[program name].

-We keep an Excel spreadsheet of all of our tutors, their pay, and their hours for the grant.

-Our admin. goes through the timesheets after each pay period and transfers the amount of time spent on Perkins appointments for each tutor to the spreadsheet.

-The spreadsheet is used by our fiscal office to transfer the funds from Perkins into our department account every two months.

Again - not simple!  But, it's been working for us to keep accurate records of Perkins appointments.

Best regards,
Nancy

Tutoring services for spring are in a remote environment via Google Meet and GoBoard.  We are here to help connect students to tutoring!

Please call 602-286-8800, or chat/email [log in to unmask]  to schedule a tutoring session - we can often get you in same-day!

Our remote hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM and Friday 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.  We are closed Monday, January 18th and Monday, February 15th for Federal holidays.

GateWay Community College logo
Nancy Sounart, M.Ed.
GateWay Community College
MARICOPA COMMUNITY COLLEGES
Director of Learning Support | Learning Center
108 N. 40th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034