From: flmnh-aspidolist <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Yves Samyn <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2021 9:49 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Claude, ... Dr Claude Massin

Dear Colleagues/friends

Today, I have to bring you sad news.

Just yesterday, I've learned from Claude's wife that Claude has died; last Saturday...

It's extremely sad.

We've lost not only a colleague and a lot of expertise (and for some of us who knew Claude, a lot of friendship!)

Kind regards - yves

Yves Samyn
Conservator Recent Invertebrates (non insects) Collection
Editor-in-Chief Abc Taxa (www.abctaxa.be)
Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences
Vautierstraat 29
1000, Brussels
Belgium
Tel: +32 (0)2 627 41 24

The Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences (RBINS), is currently only partly open due to the coronavirus crisis. For the moment, data requests that require access to the collections can ad hoc be fulfilled, depending availability of staff. We do have remote access to our databases and can provide some assistance with data requests. We can also partly process loan requests and receive loan returns. However, visitors are not yet allowed to visit the collections. Thank you for bearing with us during this difficult time. Keep it Safe!