Good Afternoon CHSC,

Thank you to everyone who made it to our 2nd Fall GBM on September 27th! If you were not able to make it, I have attached the PowerPoint presentation for reference.

You have many opportunities to fulfill your 6 points active membership status and we hope to see you at our upcoming events!

Our updated Google calendar is also linked here so that you can begin planning your schedule: Google Calendar link

Here are some takeaways from our 2nd GBM:
  • Dr. Brittney N. Dixon presented on Public Health and Public Health Research. Her PowerPoint is attached below
  • 6 points are required for active membership, view your points here
  • Active membership requirements are listed in the PowerPoint

Upcoming Events:
  • Condom Pops Event: Assembly dates and distribution times are in the slides
  • Knitting Service Event offered both in-person and on Zoom. More information on the slides
  • Study Socials! Welcome back one of our favorite bonding opportunities
  • Stress Management and Mindfulness Event
  • Thanksgiving Drive
  • More to come! Keep on eye out on our social media accounts

Volunteer/Fundraising Opportunities:
Further information such as times, donation lists, requirements, and points are on the GBM PowerPoint slides!
  • Afghanistan Refugee Resettlement. Donate items listed in the slides to refugees arriving in the Tampa Bay area
  • COVID-19 vaccine volunteering. Help administer vaccines to the elderly at Touchdown Terrace!
  • Koreymonde Capuchin Rescue monkey sanctuary volunteering
  • Humane Society of North Central Florida supply drive. You can either donate items, volunteer directly, or foster animals!
  • Kids Count tutoring
  • ReadingPals mentoring
  • Resilience Charter School virtual mentoring/learning coach for middle schoolers.
  • A Reason to Give volunteering every Sunday and donations accepted.
  • Field & Fork Pantry supply drive will begin in April!

Thank you for attending and we hope to see you at our future events!

For more information and updates on CHSC, join us on Facebook, Instagram, and GroupMe!

    Facebook

    Instagram

    GroupMe

Feel free to contact any members of the officer board if you have any questions.

Katie Pacini
Secretary | Community Health Service Corps

To remove your name from our mailing list, please email [log in to unmask] with “unsubscribe CHSC-UF-L” from the e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe from.