The University has published a new policy on "Classification and Management of External Support", which I will more practically refer to as Gift vs Grant.  DSP has updated guidance on our webpage at: https://research.ufl.edu/dsp/award-management/fiscal-management/miscellaneous-donors.html which ultimately links to the new policy at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__uf.force.com_PolicyHub_s_article_Classification-2Dand-2DManagement-2Dof-2DExternal-2DSupport&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=4TyWYj1_D3d98lTY0fV0iqdd9j-glGX5VioQaBpYmgI&m=WeVYZpM6msN8HktomCVt-pp1EvrI3uosYmEqEAfPTwI&s=9vRxV4bAh9fviNi-Shq2XXLDXLgyMpUbbC2lk4H2Xqc&e=  .  We will be including these resources in upcoming educational opportunities sponsored by DSP.

The key elements of both resources are:

*               a list of indicators of elements in an award that helps to identify if it as a gift or a grant

*               expectations that gifts go to UFF; non-gifts go to DSP

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our office.  As we collect questions, we will expand the web page including FAQ to support you in your work.

Stephanie
Stephanie Gray
Assistant Vice President & Director, Division of Sponsored Programs
UNIVERSITY of FLORIDA
Division of Sponsored Programs | UF Research
213 Grinter Hall | PO Box 115500 | Gainesville, FL 32611-5500
P: 352-392-3516 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>