Good Afternoon CHSC,

Thank you to everyone who made it to our 3rd Fall GBM on October 19th! If you were not able to make it, I have attached the PowerPoint presentation for reference.

You have many opportunities to fulfill your 6 points active membership status and we hope to see you at our upcoming events!

Our updated Google calendar is also linked here so that you can begin planning your schedule: Google Calendar link

Here are some takeaways from our 3rd GBM:
  • Victoria Sims presented on UF HealthStreet and spoke on the importance of inclusive, community-oriented research. More information can be read here
  • Officer applications are open, apply here! Due 11/7 @ 11:59 PM. Review the slides for eligibility
  • 6 points are required for active membership, view your points here
  • Active membership requirements are listed in the PowerPoint

Upcoming Events:
  • Knitting Service Event (10/21 @ 5 PM) offered both in-person (Reitz Union Food Court) and on Zoom
  • A Reason to Give (10/24 @ 11 AM) at Sigma Phi Epsilon House
  • Bento Spirit Night (10/25 all day)
  • Halloween Zoom Kahoot Social (10/26 @ 6 PM)
  • Condom Pops Distribution Day (10/28 @ 1-3 PM) at Turlington Plaza
  • Knitting Service Event (11/3 @ 5 PM)
  • A Reason to Give (11/6 @ 11 AM) at Sigma Phi Epsilon House
  • Boba and Board Games Meet-Up Social (11/9 @ 5 PM)
  • A Reason to Give Sponsor Day (11/14 @ 11 AM) at Sigma Phi Epsilon House
  • More to come! Keep on eye out on our social media accounts

Volunteer/Fundraising Opportunities:
Further information such as times, donation lists, requirements, and points are on the GBM PowerPoint slides!
  • Afghanistan Refugee Resettlement. Donate items listed in the slides to refugees arriving in the Tampa Bay area
  • COVID-19 vaccine volunteering. Help administer vaccines to the elderly at Touchdown Terrace!
  • Koreymonde Capuchin Rescue monkey sanctuary volunteering
  • Humane Society of North Central Florida supply drive. You can either donate items, volunteer directly, or foster animals!
  • Kids Count tutoring
  • ReadingPals mentoring
  • Resilience Charter School virtual mentoring/learning coach for middle schoolers.
  • A Reason to Give volunteering every Sunday and donations accepted.
  • Field & Fork Pantry supply drive will begin in April!

Thank you for attending and we hope to see you at our future events! Our next GBM will be on November 29th at 6 PM and will be HyFlex.

For more information and updates on CHSC, join us on Facebook, Instagram, and GroupMe!

    Facebook

    Instagram

    GroupMe

Feel free to contact any members of the officer board if you have any questions.

Katie Pacini
Secretary | Community Health Service Corps

To remove your name from our mailing list, please email [log in to unmask] with “unsubscribe CHSC-UF-L” from the e-mail address you wish to unsubscribe from.