All,

I am the only full-time employee running a tutorial center at a public open-access institution that has a limited number of bachelor degrees offered.  Our center offers multiple subject area tutoring both face-to-face and online.  We have both appointments and drop-ins.  My college instituted an early alert program about 1  years ago through Navigate that opens a case with the tutorial center when students are flagged at-risk of failing.  When cases are opened, I create a campaign that generates a quicklink for making an appointment in Navigate, as well as generates an email to the students about tutoring services.  I then assign the cases out to my part-time tutors (at the current time we are short-handed with only 21 tutors).  The tutors are to immediately generate a personalized email to each student telling them again about our tutoring services. After a week with no response from the student, the tutor then sends a text message to the student through Navigate.  I have been tasked by my AVP to find a way to increase the student response from these early alert cases.  I would like to know if any of you are currently involved in early alert interventions, and what practices you may be using for these interventions.

Thanks,

Nea Martin
Tutorial Services Supervisor
Cartersville Office Phone: 678-872-8460
Floyd Office Phone: 706-204-2102

[Thrive for email signature]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sites.highlands.edu_student-2Dsupport-2Dservices_thrive-2Dghc_&d=DwIFAw&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=IlxLS6mIX0PDGzEqLEJ0gAdmWTOeuIxCdCnpZPQiO_N_CBmail2APE6iZzsQuJp-&s=BHtMvqu1QFFFzb6OjEm68nVk7KC2xw6OE3dw38rbTAE&e= >