Hi all,

At Arizona State University, we have always used drop-in tutoring for subject area.  We actually don’t offer any one-on-one tutoring for subject area.  Our tutors work in small groups with students and can have students from multiple subjects working with them.  We train our tutors on how to provide group tutoring and on group management strategies.  We do have designated tutoring centers on all our campuses with professional staff to help manage.

Administration likes that the model costs less and can support more students.

I will add that our writing services are one-on-one appointment based.

Ivette Chavez

Director

University Academic Success Programs

University College