Hi Beth,
 We offer a study skills course that is mandated for students entering the university deemed underprepared.  One assignment for the course is to pick from 4 options, tutoring, writing center, math center, or career and professional development center and have a meeting/appointment.  We do the same assignment for our academic probation course.  This is as close as we have gotten to mandating support services.  Sadly, even with points attached, a fair number just don't complete this assignment.

I am interested in what others are doing so thanks for bringing this to the list.

Take care,
Lynda