Hello dear colleagues,
We send in this email the reminder to attend the 2022 edition of the SMART Data Sprint, organized by iNOVA Media Lab and held online and at NOVA University Lisbon.

The Sprint is part of the Digital Media Winter Institute, an annual event committed to innovative approaches to the study of the Internet and media culture, with a particular focus on the digital methods approach.

This year's theme is a discussion of research methods, especially on digital and data science.
If you have any questions or need any kind of information, please let us know.

On behalf of iNOVA Media Lab,
Ana Marta M. Flores
Elena Pilipets
Janna Joceli Omena
Rita Sepúlveda

*******
2.png

Digital Media Winter Institute | SMART Data Sprint 2022
NOVA University of Lisbon
January 31st - February 4th, 2022 | Lisbon, Portugal

iNOVA Media Lab invites to the SMART Data Sprint 2022, which will take place from January 31st to February 4th in a hybrid format - online and in-person, at NOVA University Lisbon. The Sprint is part of the Digital Media Winter Institute, an annual meeting focused on digital methods. The theme of the next edition is about Discussing Methods Making.

6 banner_DeenFreelon_SMART2022.png

Participants from all over the world will connect to attend talks, short lectures and join applied research projects. We are pleased to welcome Deen Freelon (School of Journalism and Media, University of North Carolina, USA) and Katrin Tiidenberg (Osaluskultuuri Professor/Professor of Participatory Culture BFM, University of Tallinn, Estonia) with keynote lectures, a masterclass with Warren Pearce (iHuman, University of Sheffield, UK) and a keynote with Janna Joceli Omena (NOVA University Lisbon, iNOVA Media Lab & Public Data Lab).

Applications close on 20 January 2022.

Main audience: PhD students and academics interested in developing research from the perspective of digital methods.
See the full call for applications on the #SMARTDataSprint research blog: <https://smart.inovamedialab.org/2022-discussing-methods-making>

--
SMART ˚ ˚ Social Media Research Techniques I #SMARTDataSprint
iNOVA Media Lab I NOVA FCSH I Universidade Nova de Lisboa