---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 1995 14:59:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Yockey Frankie <[log in to unmask]>
To: Lstsrv Learning Asst <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Joining In

Well, I've been cruising through the listserv now for about 2 months and
have finally decided I'd better start joining in the discussions.  Like
one of the other participants, I find it difficult to get enough time to
really read through the messages.

My name is Frankie Yockey and I am the Assistant Director of the Tutoring
and Academic Assistance Center at the University of Idaho at Moscow,
Idaho.  I have met many of the folks giving of their time here as three
of us from the TAAC participated in last year's Winter Institute.  I
really enjoyed that meeting and was happy to be able to read the
institute summaries recently.  Thanks to Gene, Rick, Sylvia and the rest
of you who gave of your time to include us.

What people call me - friendly ones - is just Frankie.  I have never been
into to titles much.

Unfortunately, I just got interrupted to do some welcome aboard stuff for
two new tutors and have a meeting to get to.  I'll come back on tomorrow
and finish the "who I am" stuff and make a couple of requests.

Frankie Yockey
Assistant Director
Tutoring & Academic Asst. Center(TAAC)
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844

I must apologize to all of you for the interruption.  We have a very
"open door" policy here for students and usually put almost everything
else aside to accommodate them.

To continue with the "who I am" stuff - My job consists of general
responsibility for the center where administrative duties are concerned
and budget.  This is just a small portion of the position, however.
Primarily I'm involved in working with students in one capacity or
another.  I am in charge of the tutor program here, and teach at least
one Freshman seminar course each semester.  In the last two months I have
been put in charge of all of our Freshman seminars.  We offerred seven
such classes in one form or another last Fall and we will offer 13 next
Fall.  I've been busy setting these up and making sure they would get
into our Fall catalog and time schedule.  Thus, part of my excuse for
only "reading" and not responding.

Now to some requests stemming from messages I've read.  Some of these are
from fairly old messages so, again, I apologize and hope that the info is
still available.

I would like to receive a copy of the student evaluation form for
freshman seminar.

To Rick Sheets:  will you please forward two registration packets for the
CRLA conference in Tempe.  I think that two of us from our office will
attend.  I hope they can reach us prior to the deadline for the great
sounding side trips.

To Tom Lowe or Jim Kelley:  will you please forward further info or
registration packets for the ACADV Scottsdale meeting.  It also sounds
very interesting.

Thanks to all for your assistance and patience as I attempt to join you.
I look forward to further sharing of information.