From:   NAME: Debbie Simpson
        FUNC: Junction
        TEL:                                  <SIMPSON, DEBBIE AT A1 AT JCCV06>
To:     NAME: IN%"[log in to unmask] <IN%"[log in to unmask]"@MRGATE@JCCW22>

We used to handle all testing--placement, make-up, accommodated--in our center.
This part of our job soon became overwhelming, threatening to overtake what I
saw as our principal mission, tutorial services.  The administration was kind to
us.  Placement and CLEP testing are now handled in the Counseling Center.
Individual faculty members do their own make-up testing (a special burden for
part-timers, I admit), and we still do accommodated testing and mastery testing
for developmental reading courses.  I think the balance of services has improved
as a result of these changes.

Deborah M. Simpson
Coordinator, LAC
Cattaraugus Campus of Jamestown Community College
Olean, NY  14760