Georgine --

As director, I am on an 11 month contract (I chose 11); Our coordinator
of educational access services (students with disabilities) is 10 months,
her assistant is 9 months; Our student success course faculty (2) are 10
months; Tutor trainer/faculty liaison is 10 months; Tutor coordinator is
10 months; Secretary is usually 9.5 months; coordinator of testing and
assessment is 12 months.

We do not offer tutoring, labs, or SI during the summer.  we hope we will
not have to, since we would have to have our entire team operating in
order to offer our services with the high level of quality that we insist
upon.  We have designed our organizational structure to accomodate a
certain level of student  usage and summer would cause us to suboptimize,
while still expending considerable hard-to-come-by funds.

I would suggest that if you cut staff contract time, try and come up with
the dollars to cover their benefits for the unpaid months.  In this way,
the employees are not expected to pay for their own benefits for those
months for which they are receiving no salary.

Luck

Pat Schutz