Jim Melko's correspondence jogged my memory about a matter I hope many of
you can help me with.

CRLA President Pat Mulcahy-Ernt and I are exploring a possible CRLA-NADE
sponsored convocation of leaders of national associations to which
significant numbers of developmental educators belong.  One major purpose
of this meeting would be to discuss the formation of a coalition or council
of developmental education associations, toward enhancing cooperative
networking and coordination of efforts.  Another topic of discussion would
be the establishment of developmental education standards and guidelines by
individual associations and the endorsement of same by sister associations.

Subscribers to this list can help in this effort.  Please inform me of
professional associations to which you belong, or professional associations
you know about that speak to developmental education issues and, therefore,
attract a membership of developmental educators.  I will add these
associations to our list of potential invitees to our pow wow.

Jim Melko, I'm very pleased to say, will be assisting me on NADE's behalf.

Thanks in advance,

Gene Beckett
NADE President