I appreciate the reminder on the difference between email and a listserv.  As
new members come on board, it is helpful to be reminded of this distinction.
As participants relax and reply to the listserv instead of answering the
individual, an alert and clarification is helpful.

Recently I "unsubscribed" to a discussion group precisely because too many
participants were using it for email. I was frustrating to open mail that
said "Yes, Joe. I do agree." So I vote for a listserv to remain a discussion
group in the spirit of a learning community.

There ... that's my 2 cents for this discussion.  ;-)

Lucy

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr NE