I've been reading with interest some of the comments regarding "Becoming
a Master Student."  This text is also used in our two semester unit
College Success Strategies class.

I personally have another text that I think is superb.  The book is Peak
Performers by Sharon Ferrett, published in 1994 by Irwin Publications.
However, some of our instructors feel it is too "dense".  I find it jam
full of good information, helpful exercises, and not too slick.

I've been off the net for the last 4 weeks due to problems with my
provider.  Just prior to that someone asked for information about
specific distance education classes related to "remedial" classes.  Since
I was off the net I could not reply.  If whoever it was will list the
classes again, I will reply by April 30.  I would reply sooner, but I
will be out of town until April 26.

Alan Johnson,  Director
North Idaho College Learning Center