Dear Dorothy,

Our community college uses the ASSET test for all freshman.  The Reading
department and all instructors agreed to use the Nelson-Denny in both
timed and untimed measures as a better indicator of reading
comprehension. For the lower level reading course (Basic Literacy Skills)
we have used the Stanford Diagnostic.  We are reviewing the DRP and may
use it in a pilot study.

We offer 4 reading classes (Basic Literacy 019, Reading Skill 020,
Intermediate Reading, College Reading, and oops I almost forgot, Speed
Reading.) The last three are credit transferable.

Good luck,
Bev Van Citters, Ph.D.
Reading Dept.
Citrus College