This is a wonderfully lively discussion.  It was very crafty of Martha to
start it with what appeared to be a short, direct question.

For Ed K. in Hawaii, Georgine M at Pitsburgh, and Janice L. at Nebraska:

I am in agreement with everyone.  The best of our work is the knowledge
that we may have activated a small part of a student that will grow and
become a great success. (just this a.m. I came to work to find three
beautiful yellow roses from an L.D. student for giving her a pep talk
yesterday - what a joy!)  However, politics and networking can be
important - not nearly so eloquently stated as Karen Smith's words.  To
coin a small metaphor of my own in response to Gene:  "Sometimes you have
to post flyers in order to get people to buy tickets so they CAN SEE the
play."

Frankie Yockey, Assistant Director
Tutoring and Academic Assistance Center, 1068
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho  83844
(208)885-6307