Jan,

Although we have an Office of Disabilities Resources and Services, we are
responsible for providing students with disabilities learning assistance
as we do for the general student population.  In fact, we have become
this year the site for adaptive computing training for students with
disabilities.  In this special computer lab, we are charged with teaching
students, not only how to use adaptive software and hardware, but how to
use adaptive computing as a strategic learning tool.

Why was the Learning Skills Center chosen as the recipient of funds from
Academic Computing to establish the lab?  Because we are seen as a
"neutral" site that serves across disciplines and is student focused.

Sincerely,

Georgine