America Online has tutoring services online, called Academic Assistance
Center.  Math tutoring is available as is language tutoring. Professionals
are assigned as tutors. Students can page tutors for assistance.

ABOUT ACADEMIC ASSISTANCE

The Academic Assistance Center is designed for those who need additional
reinforcement of concepts they are learning, help with their homework, or
those who want to improve skills that have become rusty. Here is the place to
find teachers who are dedicated to helping you to achieve your academic
goals.

The Academic Assistance button brings you to our three "live" chat rooms. Go
there also if you need help now. First try the Academic Assistance Room; the
teachers there will tell you where help may be obtained.  You can find out
when help with a certain subject may be available by looking at the Weekly
Schedule. Even if a subject is not listed you may find a teacher or
professional available to assist throughout the day.

The Academic Message Boards are for the posting of questions and comments for
general discussion. You can set up a new folder if your topic is not already
listed. Frequently questions posted here are sent to our teaching staff for
further comment. You will then get a reply by e-mail.

The Teacher Pager is a mail form that sends your questions to our staff.
These are distributed to the teachers who will then reply by e-mail within 48
hours. Usually though you'll start getting replies within 6 to 12 hours.

Help with research or term papers can be obtained through our Academic
Research Service, and special help with end-of-term exams is available
through the Exam Prep Center. If you'd like help with your study skills or
are preparing for a standardized exam (the GED, SAT, etc.), you can get help
in the "Study Skills Instruction" area.

All of the boards in these areas are closely monitored --if you post a
message on any of them and don't get a response within 48 hours, we'll give
you an hour of free time. With our teacher paging service, you'll be
surprised at how much faster than that you hear from us.

If you have questions or comments about the Academic Assistance area, please
contact Henry Rosengarten, AAC Coordinator, screen name: AACCoord.

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem, Or. 97305