LInda,

When I was director of the Learning Center at Norwich University, we used
the 'Harvard' model in doing language substitutions.  I remember we did
some research on this and a student had to show effort in the class and,
unfortunately fail 2 times, with tutoring..in order to get a
substitution.  The Registrar stated that an approipriate substitutiton
was needed...we used 'Computer Basic Language' as a substitution. Since
this was written in English, it was better for the LD students.

I do not know if that helps.  Good Luck!
Bev Van Citters