Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 12:39:14 -0600 (MDT)
From: Larissa Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
To: Multiple recipients of list ACADV
Subject: position vacancy

Hello everyone in ACADVland,

I have just been accepted to graduate school and have resigned
my position here at Mesa State.  The Administration requested
that I posted the position vacancy on the network, so here goes...

POSITION:  Coordinator of the Academic Advising Center

RESPONSIBILITIES:  Position responsible to the Director of Admissions
    for the advising of students at the College.  Includes interviewing
    all first time, returning and transfer students.  Continuing students
    may also recieve advising to determine their needs and interests.
    Position requires an understanding of the various student processes
    such as admission, reistration, records, financial aid and counseling.
    Incumbent must also estavlish and maintain working relationships with
    faculty, deans, administrators and the general student population.
    Requires application of good judgment, sound decision making, good
    interpersonal and management skills.  Requires understanding and
    application of computer technology.

EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:  Requires an earned bachelors degree from an
    an accredited institution and one or more years of experience in
    student advising.

TYPE OF APPOINTMENT:   Full-time administrative appointment

SALARY:  negotiable.

APPLICATION DEADLINE:  May 23, 1995

APPLICATION:  Submit letter of application, college transcripts, and
   current resume with the names, addresses and phone numbers of
   three references to:
                        Dr. Richard Baca

                        Mesa State College
                        P.O. Box 2647
                        Grand Junction, CO  81502

If you have any questions about the position please respond to
my email address below - I'd be very happy to answer them.  We
would also like you to indicate that you heard about the position
via this network, if you decide to apply.  Thanks very much!!
--
Larissa Bailey
Mesa State College