        I have been "listening" with much attention and enthusiasm to all
the wonderful discussions among the participants of this group.  Let me
introduce myself; My mane is Sandy Drewes and I am presently a member of
the staff at the National Center for Developmental Education at
Appalachian State University. I am a former Kellogger who has taught
developmental math and tutored in the math learning center at a
community college on Long Island.
        Now, I am asking for some assistance.  I am interested in
gathering information, suggestions, etc. about strategies for
marketing tutoring centers.  Many of you have such successful programs in
place and I am hoping that you can share the types of advertising you
have found that work.  How do you get the students to "drop in" that
first time?  How do you "sell" your center to the students?  Do you
conduct any fund raisers?
        I appreciate any hints that you have found to be successful.
Please reply through this group or to me personally at
        Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.