Yes, It is last year's Hoax.  Sorry folks, this news keeps coming back.
There is no such thing as a virus that activates itself by merely reading a
file.  Computer viruses are programs that have to be run to cause any
effects.  You can only run a program by loading it.  When a program is
infected, you run the virus unknowingly, but when you have what you think is
a text file, there's no way anything can cause damage unless you follow
directions and load whatever it is the message brings.

There's no reason to worry, even if you see the "good times" in your
mailbox.  Of course, for your own piece of mind, if you don't care to read a
message (any message) you should delete it, to keep your area clutter-free

Thanks to Ed for alerting us about the never-ending practical joke.

--
Guillermo Uribe, Ph.D.
Coordinator, Systems Support.

Original Message(s) follow:

    Since there is no date attached to the following message, I suspect that
    this is the same virus we were warned about last year.  What do you think?