I don't know if this suggestion will be any help in reply to your query
of April 20th re: accomodations for a blind student required to
identify lab slides, but here goes. Can you make or obtain
tactile graphics. If you can, the department might select a SMALL
representative sample of slides which would satisfy their evaluation
criteria. If the student can braille, the task of learning the
material from tactile graphics and being tested is fairly easy.
We have blind students at out university and we are just beginning
to develop the capability to produce some tactile graphics. However,
I know that for a fee, tactile material can be produced for you
at the University of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany. The contact

person there is Joachim Klaus. This takes a bit of time. It may
not be available in time for this student and this course, but
U of Karlsruhe produces tactile graphics for engineeing and computer
science and economics stuents for all German universities. If this
 is of interest, please e-mail me. I will send you Joachim's FAX and
his e-mail address. The cost is not enormous if the number of slides
can be kept to a minimum. Hope this is helpful.

Elizabeth Schumaker, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario Canada
e-mail [log in to unmask]