From: Gene Kerstiens
     For four years we had copies of Olney's "Where There's a Will There's
an A" available for viewing in the learning assistance center.  This was
during the time that the program was getting all the hype on radio and
television....celebrity testimonionals and all.  Students could view
the cassettes at any time and, of course, at no charge.  Never did we
witness a student or group of students finishing the program.  Most students
walked out within 10 or 15 minutes.  Never did a student declare or suggest
that the tapes were helpful.
     That's from the students' perspective.  We found the program to consist
chiefly of talking-face prescriptions that are sound and time-tested, but
nothing new and certainly nothing motivational.

Gene Kerstiens