I second--or third or fourth--the comments about "Where There's a
Will..."  The hype around that video seems unjustified; it's not that it
isn't good, standard, traditional advice--it's just talking heads saying
what we've been saying all along.

At our college we use a purchased tape of Will Keim.  I think it is
called "Welcome to the Time of Your Life".  We show it to parents at
orientation day, I think, and I know most of us who teach our college
orientation course use it in our classes.  The students seem to like it
well enough, and it gives us plenty of material to work with and refer to
throughout the semester.  It's in two parts: the first has Keim's basic
principles for success, and the second is a fairly frank discussion about
how sex, alcohol, and other drugs can mess up your college experience.

You might want to take a look at it and see what you think.