Hello, Everybody:

This is very exciting to me. It's my first try to reach you, whoever you
are out there.  Thanks to David Arendale, I've been successful in getting
onto this listserver.  Let's see if it bears fruit.

Most of you won't know me; a few might.  But to help identify myself, let
me tell you that I was the Publicity Chair for the 1995 NADE Conference in
Chicago.  For two years, I've been trying to make a living through my own
home-based business, but, I must admit, it is getting very lonely.  During
the conference, I had such good contact with so many people that I decided
I should return to the academic life, while I'm still viable.

So, if anyone knows of a job in dev ed, please let me know.
Geographically, I'm restricting my search to the Greater Chicago
metropolitan area.  My wife is a tenured faculty member here and I'm not
anxious to leave her.

I have experience in both a 2-year and 4-year college as a developmental
educator.  I've directed two different learning centers and taught
developmental reading and writing.  I've also introduced a version of SI at
my last job called Instructional Assistance, basically SI but not official.
 It worked very well.

So, if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Sincerely, Richard Damashek