>I am surprised a four-year institution would consider giving credit for a
>developmental course.  I would not recommend it.  Why award credit for a
>pre-college level course?

Credit for remedial basic skills courses taught at Central Washington
University is given for counting course load credits only, things like
financial aid information, etc.  We cannot imagine attempting to give
university level graduation credit for classes that are taught to prepare
students for university level work.  Our state legislature (representating
the taxpayers) would wear heavy frowns at such a notion.

Toni Menig
Academic Skills Center
Central Washington University
Ellensburg, WA.