Hello and thank you to everyone on the list for the fascinating
conversations I've been lurking on the edges of for several months.

I have a general question for anyone kind enough to respond.  Recently
I became the director of a completely theoretical Writing Center -
four tutors and a "special" form for tracking sessions which the tutors
refuse to use.  In the fall, incoming tutors will be required to take
a one hour course in "Writing Across the Curriculum" (title curtesy of
the administration).  We are a two year college in a rural area.

Would anyone like to suggest a text for this course?  I am considering
Elbow's book because of its reputation but I would hate to miss a
better text out of ignorance.

I can be reached at [log in to unmask], (513)778-8600, ext. 443
or snail mail 1973 Edison Drive, Piqua, OH 45356.

Thank you again,
 - Amy K. Berlin, Academic Assistant, ECC