The National Tutoring Association (NTA) is a newly formed organization
whose purpose is to be a support service and a communication and
information-sharing network for those involved in academic tutoring.

NTA was initiated at the Second National Tutoring Conference,
sponsored by East Stroudsburg University and held in Poconos in April
1993.  This conference was attended by professionals from twenty-five
states and Guam.  Thee was a tremendous need felt for continuing the
network of communications and friendship begun at the conference.
Currently the memberships represents forty-five states, the District
of Columbia, Guam and Canada.

We invite you to become a member of the National Tutoring Association.
 Included in the membership are newsletters and information about NTA
conferences.  Please complete the membership form and mail it to the
address indicated.  We look forward to having you as part of our
sharing network.

                                NATIONAL TUTORING ASSOCIATION
                               1995-1996 Membership Application

Membership Categories:  Please check the type of membership you
desire.

_____  Student/Tutor Member -- $5.00

_____  Regular Member -- $25.00
            (Only regular members can vote, hold office or serve as
standing
             committee chairs.)
______  Group Membership -- $50.00
              (Includes one regular membership and unlimited
student/tutor
               memberships.)

Make checks payable to NTA and send this form to:

                     Diana Williams
                     Student Resource Center
                     Mail Stop 526
                     Medical College of PA and Hahnemann University
                     201 North 15th Street
                     Philadelphia,  PA  19102-1192

Name:______________________________________________

Position:_____________________________________________

Work Address:________________________________________

                          _______________________________________

                          _______________________________________

Work Phone: (______)___________________

Fax Number:(_______)___________________

E-Mail Address: ____________________________________

Home Phone: (_____)______________________

(If you prefer to get NTA mail at home, check here and complete the
following:  _______

Home Address: __________________________________

                          ___________________________________

I  ___ do ____ do not want my name and mailing address released to
other educational organizations.

Other Information: (please check all that apply.)

Type of Institution:

____ Literacy Program                        ______  Elementary School
____ Secondary School                     _______ Technical School
____ 2-year School                             ______  4-year
College/University
____ Graduate School                         ______  Medical School
____  Correctional Institution               _______ Private Business
____Other  _____________________

Emphases in Tutoring:

____  Reading          ______Writing               ______  Math
____  Study Skills     _______Science          ______ Academic Courses

_____ Occupational Courses                        ______ Computers
_____ Core Curriculum                                  ______ Learning
Disabled
_____  Freshman                                           _______
Athletics
______ Other _______________________

Tutors:  ___________  Peer          __________ Professional

Tutoring Situation:  _____ Individual        ______ Group

If you are applying for Group Membership, the Regular Member will
receive two copies of each newsletter, on for her/himself and one to
share among the student/tutor members.  How many students/tutors are
in your group? ___________

This is a group that I recently joined and am on the Membership
Committee.  If sending this form through LRNASST is not proper
NET-ETIQUETTE, please let me know.

If you would like more information, my e-mail address is
[log in to unmask] and my phone number is (715)425-3199.  You can
also contact the Membership Chair, Diana Williams at (215) 762-7682 or