>The National Tutoring Association (NTA) is a newly formed organization
>whose purpose is to be a support service and a communication and
>information-sharing network for those involved in academic tutoring.
>
>NTA was initiated at the Second National Tutoring Conference,
>sponsored by East Stroudsburg University and held in Poconos in April
>1993.  This conference was attended by professionals from twenty-five
>states and Guam.  Thee was a tremendous need felt for continuing the
>network of communications and friendship begun at the conference.
>Currently the memberships represents forty-five states, the District
>of Columbia, Guam and Canada.
>
>We invite you to become a member of the National Tutoring Association.
> Included in the membership are newsletters and information about NTA
>conferences.  Please complete the membership form and mail it to the
>address indicated.  We look forward to having you as part of our
>sharing network.
>

>                                NATIONAL TUTORING ASSOCIATION
>                               1995-1996 Membership Application
>
>Membership Categories:  Please check the type of membership you
>desire.
>
>_____  Student/Tutor Member -- $5.00
>
>_____  Regular Member -- $25.00
>            (Only regular members can vote, hold office or serve as
>standing
>             committee chairs.)
>______  Group Membership -- $50.00
>              (Includes one regular membership and unlimited
>student/tutor
>               memberships.)
>
>Make checks payable to NTA and send this form to:
>
>                     Diana Williams
>                     Student Resource Center
>                     Mail Stop 526
>                     Medical College of PA and Hahnemann University
>                     201 North 15th Street
>                     Philadelphia,  PA  19102-1192
>
>Name:______________________________________________
>
>Position:_____________________________________________
>
>Work Address:________________________________________
>
>                          _______________________________________
>
>                          _______________________________________
>
>Work Phone: (______)___________________
>
>Fax Number:(_______)___________________
>
>E-Mail Address: ____________________________________
>
>Home Phone: (_____)______________________
>
>(If you prefer to get NTA mail at home, check here and complete the
>following:  _______
>
>Home Address: __________________________________
>
>                          ___________________________________
>
>I  ___ do ____ do not want my name and mailing address released to
>other educational organizations.
>
>Other Information: (please check all that apply.)
>
>Type of Institution:
>
>____ Literacy Program                        ______  Elementary School
>____ Secondary School                     _______ Technical School
>____ 2-year School                             ______  4-year
>College/University
>____ Graduate School                         ______  Medical School
> [...]

Please send more information about what we might expect the newsletter to
contain.  Will there be emphasis on Writing Across the Curriculum or might
we be duplicating what we already receive in The Writing Lab Newsletter?
(We tutor across the curriculum and are most anxious for that forum.)
Also, would our tutors have the opportunity to contribute articles with any
hope of being published?  A sample copy would be lovely.  My snail mail
address is:

        Toni Menig, Program Coordinator
        Academic Skills Program
        Central Washington University