Nezzie,

Speed Reader II the last time I looked is published by Davidson Software. The
cost is variable depending on from whom you buy it.  Try MacConnection,
MacWarehouse, etc.; the large mailorder houses you find in _MacUser_.   Make
sure when you order it you tell them what machine you intend to run it on.  I
purchased it in 1990 and found it would not run on Mac SE30s.  When I used it
several years ago on an Apple IIe, I had similar reactions to Jim Bell with my
students.  I would recommend having the students practice at home on a novel of
their choice outside the computer.  It will help the transfer.

Good luck,

Dave Caverly