Jefferson State Community College, population approximately 7000, offers
supplemental services such as those you speak of through the Learning Success
Center.  We have a peer tutoring program covering math, English, biology, and
chemistry.  Also offered is supplemental instruction through audiovisual
materials and a computer lab.  We teach a study skills course and offer
individualized study skills instruction.  We use the Learning and Study
Strategies Inventory (LASSI) and Computer Assisted Study Skills Instruction.
 The center was established seven years ago.  About one-half of our student
body uses at least one of the services offered.  I would be glad to answer
any questions.

Rebecca Sartori
Director, Learning Success Center
Jefferson State Community College