We here at Chemeketa Community College offer a whole two year degree online.
 We offer counseling services online and will be bringing both our tutoring
center and Writing center online this Fall.

We will have a confernence this Winter for those interested in how to develop
modem-based classes - faculty, administrators and techies.  When we offered
this conference last May we had 160 attendees and lots of wannabees ;-)

Some of the attendees are now developing their own systems like Open Learning
Agency in Canada, which has dedicated a special section of their board to
study skills.  Currently, there is just an annotated listing of study skills
materials, but what was most important was that it had a prominent place in
the design of the new system.  Study skills was not an add-on, an after
thought.

Open Learning Agency is using First Class, a graphical board for Macs and
Windows.  Chemeketa is using a text based system, Wildcat, which should be
graphical in its next iteration. It serves DOS, Windows, and Mac.

If you need screen captures, let me know.

Lucy

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr NE