I am interested in learning about what you and your colleagues at Georgia State U. are doing relative to adjunct reading classes.  We (at SBCC) are taking a very close and hard look at our developmental reading and writing classes to see whether and how we can deliver instruction more efficiently; a 3-year study of our department indicates that students do better than the college average at persistence rates and at taking and successfully completing regular freshmen comp as well as other college wide classes.  However, due to fincances, the administration at our college would like for our department to investigate the possibilites of delivering instruction to larger numbers of students in less time without losing "quality."  Tough job.