I am very interested in the discussion comparing the Nelson-Denny with
student performance on other tests.  In reading these, one factor that I
am curious about  is the difference in test format, i.e., reading from
hard-copy v.s. reading from a computer screen (am I correct in thinking
the ASSET is computer-administered?).  Personally, I find reading from a
screen to be very distracting and I suspect my performance would be very
different taking a test on paper compared to a computer-administered test.

Anyone aware of any studies related to this issue?  Should we consider
differences in  test format in observations of disparity in student
performance on tests when comparing instruments that are administered on
paper and computer?

Georgine Materniak
University of Pittsburgh