in performance on paper/pencil vs. computer tests.  I thought ETS did a
study on this when they were first coming out with computerized
tests...does anyone out there know?  Our college has not done a formal
study on this specific issue, but when we went from TABE on
paper/pencil to administering it on the computer, our students seemed
to enjoy taking the test more, they finished in less time, and I THINK
are performing better.

The ASSET is a paper/pencil test - COMPASS is ACT's computerized test
that was developed to assess entry level college students for
placement.  They have done a comparison between their two tests so you
can come up with an equivalent cut-score from ASSET to COMPASS.  I do
not know if they took into consideration the different delivery modes.

Darlene M. Nold
Program Director of Assessment
Aims Community College, Greeley, CO
(970)-330-8008 ext. 299