     Dear Colleagues:

     For several years now I have held positions in academic support
     programs. Essentially, I teach study and time management skills. In my
     current position I also direct a tutoring program and work with
     medical students individually. I refer to what I do with teaching
     'study' skills. Recently, I have noted that other professionals use
     the term 'cognitive' skills.

     My questions is: what would be the difference in 'study' and
     'cognitive' skills? As I see it, study skills refers to a person's
     cognitive domain since it involves  knowledge organization, reading &
     reasoning skills, etc. Can you help me in clarifying between the two
     concepts: study skills vs.. cognitive skills? Moreover, what kind of
     training would be necessary for the latter term?

     Thank You.   Gerlinde Luster