Thanks for raising this writing issue.

>At the College Reading and Learning Association conference this spring in
>Arizona, I noticed that although people refeerred tangentially to
>writing in several sessions, not very many sessions focused on writing.

I have been asked to think about a session for the FALL 96 CRLA conference on
the topic of teaching writing via the modem.  So I definitely think that
there is an interest in writing. Certainly Learning Assistance Centers deal
with writing issues - although this year at our college we now have a
separate writing center from the Learning Assistance Center and we are still
trying to work out the overlap.  Students are confused!

I would encourage you to go for a round table discussion.

Lucy Tribble MacDonald
Chemeketa Community College
4000 Lancaster Dr NE
Salem, Or. 97305